Photo by Jared Rice
The heatwave continues in some parts of the country and even the globe. Here are some tips to stay cool in the heat:
- Plan errands and outdoor work/activities in the morning or evening when sun goes down if possible. Try to avoid sun exposure between 11 AM and 2 PM when the sun is the hottest.
- Place ice cubes in your water bottle if outside
- Block out windows with curtains or darker sheet during the daytime to keep heat out
- Spray yourself with water with mist of cool or room temperature water
- Limit use of stove and oven as it will make your house get hotter
- Stay hydrated
- Eat foods that have water content such as fruits. If you have salty foods, drink enough water
- Eat spicy food-if will make you sweat and therefore cool you down
- Take cool showers to cool down
- Dress in loose, light colored clothing, look for UV protection with ultraviolet protection factor(UPF) of at least 30. Look for cotton clothes as it absorbs sweat.
- Use sunscreen
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses when outdoors
- Stay in air conditioned indoors as much as possible