Photo by Orgalux
When we come home from a long day, it is with a sigh of relief and comfort and to familiar belongings. So keeping your home a sanctuary and not a mess can be a blessing. There are many mental and physical benefits of keeping your home clean and organized.
- Decreases the stress hormone, cortisol
- Allows you to feel a sense of control which in turn give you more satisfaction and decreases stress
- Relieves anxiety
- Helps you enjoy the space and provides pleasure in everyday activites at home
- Boosts your mood
- Helps to increase your focus, especially if you are working from home. Clutter can cause several stimuli in your brain and leads to distraction.
- Helps with productivity and helps to gain energy to tackle other tasks
- Physical order is linked to healthier choices. Per a study, those with cleaner rooms chose healthier snacks
- Saves time-if you are organized, you are not wasting time looking for clothes or important papers
So you may just want to bring that Marie Kondo spark of joy to your life. You can start small, maybe your desk, a kitchen cabinet, a refrigerator shelf, or a portion of your closet and take it from there. You can even put some relaxing music on or ask a family member to help, Think of ways to make your living space clutter free, clean, and bring in that inner peace.